Credit Analyst – Credit Administration
Our client is a community bank with a strong presence in the Midwest. This employer is interviewing qualified candidates to join their team as a Credit Analyst.
This person will be responsible for analyzing the financial information of persons or companies to determine creditworthiness. This will involve monitoring borrowers to assess risks, preparing reports summarizing the strengths and weaknesses of loan applicants, and providing a recommendation to the approving officer or Senior Loan Committee.
- Collecting data from existing and potential borrowers.
- Determining the appropriate loan structures, highlighting appropriate questions and additional information that the bank may seek before considering approval.
- Evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements to determine the risk involved in lending money to them.
- Evaluating the financial status of clients by producing financial ratios using software tools.
- Preparing written reports summarizing the strengths and weaknesses of loan applicants and providing a recommendation to the approving officer or Senior Loan Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Previous experience in Commercial Real Estate and Small Business Administration loan programs
- Knowledge of cash flow, liquidity, working capital, profitability, and leverage ratios.
- Familiarity with Sageworks Credit Analysis software helpful but not required
- A strong understanding of fiduciary responsibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Real estate experience is a plus.