Our client is a municipal department in the Milwaukee area. They are currently interviewing candidates for a key role in their Housing Management department as a Housing Project Assistant.
The Housing Project Assistant will be responsible for performing technical and support tasks related to housing programs such as conducting investigations, preparing correspondence, processing documents, performing standard support tasks, and providing assistance to residents.
- Conducting eligibility interviews of participants to determine tenant eligibility.
- Computing tenant rent/income, preparing all materials to maintain re-certification schedule, and maintaining all tenant records on file to ensure accurate processing or adjusting.
- Assure that documentation has been verified utilizing the State Wage and Information Collection Agency (SWICA) and the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system.
- Communicating with clients, preparing written correspondence relating to client terminations, collecting, updating, and editing tenant information for Public Housing Information Center (PIC),
- Performing standard support tasks and receiving mail.
- Participating in orientation of tenants, and monitoring contracts/leases for compliance laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of housing program operations, requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Associates in related field required.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Previous experience with HUD preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; organizational skills, attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interview participants, work with the public, participants, and officials professionally.
- Strong math calculating skills.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are handled in a confidential manner.