Our client is a municipal department in the Milwaukee area. They are currently interviewing candidates for a key role in their Housing Management department as Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management for financial functions. This will include assisting in the development of strategies and policies, preparing financial reports, providing financial guidance to management, managing financial and regulatory risk.
- Providing financial guidance to management staff, directing human resources and information technology.
- Evaluating growth strategies to determine financial needs and risks.
- Assisting in allocating resources to accomplish objectives.
- Managing financial and regulatory risk, monitoring compliance with legal requirements, and evaluating financial reports for compliance with regulations.
- Recommending and implementing financial policies, procedures, and systems to ensure proper management of finances.
- Presenting reports, policy proposals, initiatives, and other financial information to the board.
- Coordinating and managing budgets, monitoring budget accounts, allocating budgets, preparing budget revisions, and reviewing budget calculations.
- Negotiating deals with investors to secure financing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- 10-12 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of internal control practices, financial administration Budgetary, and Accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Computer related software and Financial systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present complex financial data, determine financial risks, allocate financial resources, and conduct negotiations.
- Certified Public Accountant Required.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are handled in a confidential manner.