Our client is a municipal department in the Milwaukee area. This employer is currently interviewing candidates for a key role in their Housing Management department as a Housing Manager.
This personwill be responsible for overseeing the operations related to providing housing services to residents. This includes supervising staff, performing inspections, and enforcing compliance.
The Housing Manager will assign work with clear direction on priorities and conduct performance evaluations. This person will manage personnel by coordinating staff training and implementing all hiring, discipline, and termination procedures. This individual manages the efforts related to unit leasing, recertification’s, evictions, occupancy, and turnaround time of vacant housing units. Additionally, this person will be expected to supervise the building and ground maintenance.
- Enforcing compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and leases, and performing inspections of buildings, grounds, and units to determine repair/service needs.
- Responding to resident inquiries, resolving resident complaints, and performing resident evictions as needed.
- Preparing purchase requisitions for services and supplies, managing operating budgets, and preparing operating, housing occupancy, and related reports.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of related experience
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Applications
- Working knowledge of supervisory principles, budgetary principles, methods of preparing reports, and methods of performing inspections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public Housing Manager Certification preferred.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, please send resumes to email@example.com. All inquiries are handled in a confidential manner.